DYSART COMMUNITY GALA
DYSART COMMUNITY BUILDING
SAT., NOVEMBER 18
5:00-6:30 SOCIAL HOUR & MUSIC
6:30 DINNER FOR MEN & WOMEN
We are planning to have our 2nd annual Community Gala to help in the purchase of more round tables and chairs for the Community Building. We are again asking for individuals to hostess a table by inviting 7 guests to be a guest of the hostess or a paying guest (the hostess may sell tickets @ $25 or a donation on her own). Tickets may also be purchased from Jackie or Pat. We also ask the hostess to furnish the tableware. We will be having a raffle table, door prizes, and band for entertainment. Our doors will open at 5:00-6:30 for a social hour and viewing of the tables with our dinner at 6:30.
Each table may have a theme such as: a holiday (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving), or any season, elegant theme, etc.
Thank you for participating by being a hostess for a table for the dinner. The dinner will be held at the Community Building on the upper level. All foods and drinks will be served from the upper level.
All monies will go toward purchasing round tables & chairs.
Please contact Jackie Hennessy (476-3174) or Pat Hansen (476-2573) if you would hostess a table for 8 including yourself. Two people, a club, or a group may hostess a table.
PLEASE LET JACKIE OR PAT KNOW IF YOU WILL HOSTESS A TABLE FOR 8 PEOPLE BY WEDNESDAY, NOV. 8TH SO THAT WE CAN ORDER OUR FOODS. PLEASE HAVE YOUR MONIES TO JACKIE OR PAT BY THIS DATE ALSO. THANKING EVERYONE IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COMMUNITY SUPPORT.
YOUR DONATION CHECKS MAY BE MADE OUT TO THE CITY OF DYSART FUNDRAISER.
TICKETS AVAILABLE: CONTACT JACKIE OR PAT OR @ ARTISTS OF NOTE
THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER COMMUNITY FUN EVENT!
- Table cloth and/or placemats for an 8 foot table or round table (would need a 90” tablecloth) also napkins
- 8 plates, 8 cups for coffee
- 8 water glasses (optional)
- Water pitcher (optional) only if you want your guests to have water in addition to coffee Plastic glasses will be available for water.
- Cream pitcher and sugarbowl for coffee – will have individual creamers on hand if the hostess desires it, but these will not be put on every table
Centerpiece for your table. – OPTIONAL – a word of caution, the tables we use are long tables (8’x30”) and round tables.
You may give a table favor for each guest if you would like.
- There will be waiters & waitresses to serve your table.
- Please do not clear your serving dishes until after the entertainment and raffle drawings. We do not want to rush anyone.
- Tables of 8 including the hostess only.
- We do not require fancy china or crystal. You are responsible for you own tableware. The dinner will be placed on clear plastic plates then placed on top of your plates. These plastic plates can be removed by the hostess before the dessert is served. This will protect your dishes and hopefully, allow for quicker clean up for you. We do NOT wash any of your dishes.
- Because of fire safety, we ask that only battery operated candles be used. No lighted candles please.
- Club Dysart will be in charge of the bar – wine, beer, mixed drinks. Social hour will be from 5:00-6:30 but the bar will be open all evening.
Should you need to borrow anything to complete your table or have any questions, please call:
Jackie Hennessy 476-3174 Pat Hansen 476-2573
You may set your tables on Friday afternoon, Nov. 17 between 2:00-4:00 or Sat. Nov. 18 between 9:00-11:00. We would like to have all tables set up by noon on Sat. If these times do not work for you, please let Jackie or Pat know so that they will have the building open for you. We need all hostesses to be present by 4:30 or 4:45. Hostesses should be at their tables for the table walk during the social hour (5:00-6:00. Each hostess’name will be displayed in a card holder on the table. Hostesses will find a name tag to wear to identify you as a hostess.
The evening will end with door prizes, silent auction, and raffle drawings. If you are interested in donating anything for the raffle, please let Jackie or Pat know.
Thank you for your cooperation to support our Community Gala.