The City of Dysart

Historical Center

Dysart Historical Center

Dysart Historical Center

The Dysart Historical Museum was established in 1997 in the  former Peace United Church of Christ which was built in 1894.  The historic building has been completely restored and contains many interesting artifacts relative to the history of the Dysart area.

The Country School was moved from Carroll Township in Tama County to its present location beside the Museum  in 2003.  It has been carefully restored and authentically furnished.

An Agricultural Museum and Interpretive Center was built at the Center in 2011.  It contains many historic agricultural tools and displays.  It includes a 1940′s farm kitchen, historic Dysart railroad display, and children’s activity corner.

Both buildings are handicapped accessible, as well as completely climate controlled for the comfort of visitors.

Visitors will also enjoy the Center’s landscaping with its beautiful Agnes Luze Memorial Rose Garden.

The Dysart Historical Center is dedicated to preserving the community’s historical treasures, and to serving as an educational enrichment facility for visitors of all ages.

The Historical Center is open on Sundays from 2:00 until 4:00 P.M., May through September, and at other times for special events and programs.  There is no charge for admission, but donations are greatly appreciated.  Appointments for tours may be scheduled anytime during the year by contacting  319-476-7345, or 319-231-4992.

 

Additional Photos

Copyright © 2016 Dysart, Iowa. All rights reserved.